Open Source 3D Human Head Model
Realistic Open Source 3D Model of the Human Head.
Can be used for 3D calculation of Electromagnetic Fields and Temperature Distributions, specially those caused by mobile phones.
John3Doe Software is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. John3Doe is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
John3Doe is a realistic and detailed Open Source Model of the human head, that can be used in computations of electromagnetic fields, temperature distributions and other simulations.
John3Doe was developed from 53 real CT Scans of a Human Head using a semi-automatic process of image recognition. Fig.1 shows the original CT Scan 53 and Fig.2 shows the processed image. After all 53 images were processed, they were mirrowed and assembled in the 3D model.
LogicView Software, developed by LogicStyle, was used to visualize and correct the 3D Model. The John3Doe Model basic features are:
- Model Size: 151 x 259 x 259 cubes (x, y and z)
- Cube Size: 1.86mm x 1.11mm x 1.11mm (x, y and z)
- Composed of 18 Materials: air, bone, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), brain, skin, muscle, fat, eye (subdivided in sclera, anterior chamber, crystallin, vitreous body, cornea and iris), neck skin, hair, hypothalamus, pinna and copper (for the antenna).
John3Doe is shown in Fig.3, and LogicView3D Software was used to perform cuts in the model to visualize the internal tissues, shown in Fig.4.
When using John3Doe, please quote: A. O. Rodrigues, L. Malta, J. Viana, L. Rodrigues, and J. Ramirez, “A head model for the calculation of sar and temperature rise induced by cellular phones”, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 44, pp. 1446–1449, 2008.
Last Update: 03/02/2010
Description of John3Doe Files :
- COPYING.txt - Text file containing a detailed descriptions of the General Public License (GPL) under which this software/model is available
- LogicView3D.jar : Java Program to visualize 3D Models (LogicView3D Homepage)
- John3Doe_v_XX.3dm - Model file to be read by LogicView3D
- John3Doe_v_XX.dat - Text file containing the data
- John3Doe_v_XX.mov - Short movie showing cuts of the model
- README.txt - Text file with details and instructions